Monday, December 04, 2006

 

Don't skimp

A client was in my office for an annual review. I first met Dick in 1957, my second year in the business. I had picked him up as an orphan policyholder. His one policy for $7,000 of face amount had an extra premium of $3 per thousand because of what was then considered a hazardous occupation, working in a chemical factory.

I did some research and found that occupation was no longer rated. I called him and got the rating removed from the policy, a last expense plan that we sold so often in the developing years of our profession.

He continued to work in the factory and I placed an additional $10,000 policy. Eventually, he rose to a supervisory position and then to vice president...

Life Insurance Selling: Don't skimp

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?