Monday, March 30, 2009

 

Life insurance for your passwords: Legacy Locker

Jeremy Toeman is unveiling on Tuesday a simple, clever, and very different kind of backup service.

Legacy Locker simply backs up the passwords and access codes to your online accounts. When you die, it gives that information to the people you designate.

I got this concept in half a second: if I go, I cannot imagine the trouble my wife would have trying to untangle my financial and e-mail accounts and deal with my contacts on my social networks, not to mention controlling the disposition of some online assets I own, like domain names.

The idea with Legacy Locker is to give your survivors easy access to your photo, blog, social network, e-mail, and other personal online sites so they can figure out what to do with the info and files stored there. Or, possibly, so your survivors can reach out to your followers or friends to let them know what's happened to you...

CNet: Life insurance for your passwords: Legacy Locker

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?