Friday, April 17, 2009

 

"Better to forget AXA and try something else"

Dear Mr. Berko : Please tell me what you think about AXA's variable annuity. I may invest one-third of our assets, or $78,000, in this as a hedge against inflation, because I think we could experience hyperinflation in the coming 18 months. Our broker says AXA is the finest annuity I can own and the best hedge against inflation I can buy. However, I noticed that AXA stock collapsed from $40 to $7.50, and this makes me worry about the safety of the annuity. My broker told me that the reason AXA fell so much is that all financial stocks have done poorly this year. The broker insists AXA is as strong as a horse. Please give me your thoughts on AXA's variable annuity and its potential as a hedge against hyperinflation. If you don't like AXA for annuity inflation protection, what would you own?

Better to forget AXA and try something else

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?