Monday, October 26, 2009

 

The details on annuities tell a different story than all the hype

My internal alarm goes off automatically whenever someone tells me that their adviser has recommended moving all their money into annuities. Don't get me wrong, there is a place for annuities in some portfolios, and when annuities are the perfect fit, go for it...

I have worked in financial services for many years and was fully licensed in variable, life and health insurance as well as securities. I saw circumstances when annuities played a role in a comprehensive strategy to assure guaranteed income in retirement. But now I am hearing about people putting all of their money in annuities, even their IRA's, so I am wondering when did annuities became a one size fits all product?

Nevada Appeal: The details on annuities tell a different story than all the hype

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?